Day Trip from Athens to Andros Island
Day Trip from Athens to Andros Island At a Glance
Get ready for an unforgettable day trip from Athens to Andros island. Admire the beauty of one of the most beautiful capitals in the Cyclades, filled with holy monasteries and captivating architectural gems. Cherish the sparkling waterfalls, refreshing springs, and beautiful sights that are difficult to put into words.
Day Trip from Athens to Andros Island Highlights
- Learn interesting facts about the old capital of Andros and delve deeper into the history that shaped the area, all the while taking gorgeous photos at the same time.
- Get captivated by the Menites springs, the walnut forest, and the fantastic Pithara waterfalls, the perfect naturalist experience.
- Dive into the local culture and religion during your day trip from Athens to Andros island, with the assistance of a licensed theologist.
- Wander around the picture-perfect alleys of ‘Chora’ and experience what the life of a local is like on Andros island, an adventure you won’t find anywhere else.
- Get the chance to capture magnificent photos on your day trip from Athens to Andros island, and receive a polaroid photo as a gift to keep your precious memories forever.
Day Trip from Athens to Andros Island In Detail
Get set for a one-of-a-kind day trip from Athens to Andros island and immerse yourself in the incomparable island, situated in the Cyclades archipelago. Admire ‘Paleopolis’ to enhance your knowledge of the ancient Greek and Roman history of Andros island, and capture photos of the marvelous Menites springs and the walnut forest. Be prepared to experience a magic there that excites adults and children alike.
Satisfy your inner adventurer on a hike to the Pithara waterfalls in Apikia, one of the most wondrous locations in the Cyclades, featuring bedazzling scenery. Move on to the monastery of St. Irene and learn interesting information about the island’s history and culture thanks to the numerous artifacts on display. Finish your day trip from Athens to Andros island by wandering around the lovely alleys of Chora and come across magnificent monuments such as the Unknown Sailor’s statue.
Day Trip from Athens to Andros Island Itinerary
- Start the Day Trip from Athens to Andros Island: Meet the leader and begin your journey to Andros island.
- Learn the Ancient History of Paleopolis: Explore Paleopolis and find out more about the ancient Greek & Roman history of Andros island.
- Hit the Trail and Discover the Secrets of Nature: Visit the gorgeous Menites spring, walnut forest, and come across the impeccable Pithara waterfalls.
- Engage in a Spiritual Experience: Discover the monastery of Aghia Eirini and learn new things about the importance of religion on Andros.
- Visit Chora: The Final Stop of the Tour: Follow your guide and see magnificent monuments and get some free time to explore the island before you return to Athens.
Pick-up and drop off service from Αthens to Andros
English and Greek-speaking local tour leader
Wi-Fi on board
Map and bottle of water from the local Andros spring, Sariza
Taxes and services fee
State licensed guide
Personal travel insurance (upon request)
Breakfast or lunch
Transportation by VIP Peugeot minivan
Bring your camera. You may take a lot of photos.
Meet at our offices in Kallithea (hotel pick-up upon request)
FAQs about the Day Trip from Athens to Andros Island
I am staying in an Airbnb. Where can I get picked up from?
We can pick you up from your hotel upon request.
What happens in the event of rain?
All our bus tours run regardless of the weather. If an activity is canceled because of extreme weather conditions, you have the option to change the date, switch activity, or cancel and receive a refund.
What time is the pick-up time for the tours?
The pick-up time for all tours is the same as the meeting time indicated on your vouchers and our website. Please note that there may be a slight delay of 5-10 minutes, depending on the number of pickups we have scheduled. Please be ready 10 minutes before your trip to facilitate that.
Can I bring my luggage on your bus?
Yes, you can! In case there is no room on our bus, we will drop off your luggage at our offices, and you will be able to pick them up after the end of the tour.
How late can I make a booking?
You can make a booking with us literally at the last minute! Just keep in mind that there may be no seats left on the tour if you do that! We recommend booking at least one week in advance, to have the best chances of finding availability.
Which tours can I join on the same day?
This is a day tour, so you cannot participate in any of our other tours if you book it.
Cancellations received within five days of the tour will incur a 50% penalty for each person.
Cancellations received within two days of the tour will incur a 100% penalty for each person.
Unused features are non-refundable. No shows forfeit the entire payment.