Frousseoi Watermills Hiking Tour at a Glance
Dive into some of Andros’ most significant hiking tour during an Frousseoi Watermills Hiking Tour . This tour is a must for every nature lover and for anyone who wants to experience excuisite beauty. At the end of the hiking tour you will be filled up with joy and pleasure by as it is so fun, playful and surprising in every way!
Frousseoi Watermills Hiking Tour Highlights
- Visit one of the most fascinating hiking trails of Greece.
- Explore Andros rich nature.
- Walk among the staggering ruins of old watermills that used to produce food and give life to Andros.
- Feel captivated by the sights of this hiking trail.
- Capture magnificent photos during your Froussaoi Watermills Hiking Tour , and receive a polaroid photo as a gift to cherish.
Frousseoi Watermills Hiking Tour In Detail
You enter the valley by descending from the mainroute and taking the path that leads deep into the valley of Frousei.
Originally this valley was occupied by many families living next to the river making a living from watermills.. For decades however the valley has been uninhabited and largely inaccessible until Andros Routes developed this path. The mill buildings lie almost in ruins and nature has taken over it in the most beautiful way.
Following the path the landscape changes in the most surprising ways from small paths overgrown with branches to open fields with various wildflowers always surrounded by all shades of green.
Adventureous rocks and dazzling scenery will leave you breathless while the sound of the river reminds us to cool down and refresh.
This route is a must if you are new to Andros routes. Taking photos never seems to do this place justice, it has to be seen to fully appreciate why this is a favourite.
Frousseoi Watermills Hiking Tour Itinerary
- Begin the hiking tour from Vlm Travel Andros in Batsi: Meet your leader and hit the road for the hiking route start
- Drive by: Keep your eyes open during the drive for the lovely mountain villages above Gavrio (port).
- Discover old watermills: Walk in the footsteps of and old town and learn about their way of life.
- Experience Andros natural beauty: Explore the the rich nature only Andros has to offer in Cyclades
* Hiking Equipment (hiking sticks)
* Andros Hiking Map
* Water Bottle
* Guided English, Dutch and French tour
* First Aid Kit Equipment
* Free Transfer from all Batsi, Gavrio, St Peter and Aprovato hotels
Taxes and services fee
State licensed guide
Personal travel insurance (contact us if you need)
Breakfast or lunch
Transportation byPeugeot minivan or Private vehicle
Bring your camera. You may take a lot of photos.
This hiking tour is considered of moderate difficulty. So it requires a reasonable physical and mental health on behalf of all participants!
Participants should be covered by their own personal travel-health insurance prior to the trip. The personal insurance must at least cover medical expenses as well as air rescue and the cost of repatriation. Vlm Travel is not responsible for any accidents or mishaps directly or indirectly related to the tour.
Vlm Travel Andros (Batsi), or free pick up and drop off for your Batsi, Gavrio, Agios Petros and Aprovato stay
4 hours (with drive)
FAQs about the Froussaioi Watermills Hiking Tour
What happens in the event of rain?
All our bus tours run regardless of the weather. If an activity is canceled because of extreme weather conditions, you have the option to change the date, switch activity, or cancel and receive a refund.
What time is the pick-up time for the tours?
The pick-up time for all tours is the same as the meeting time indicated on your vouchers and our website. Please note that there may be a slight delay of 5-10 minutes, depending on the number of pickups we have scheduled. Please be ready 10 minutes before your trip to facilitate that.
How late can I make a booking?
You can make a booking with us literally at the last minute! Just keep in mind that there may be no seats left on the tour if you do that! We recommend booking at least one week in advance, to have the best chances of finding availability.
Which tours can I join on the same day?
This is a day tour, so you cannot participate in any of our other tours if you book it.
Cancellations received within 5 days of the tour will incur a 50% penalty for each person.
Cancellations received within 2 days of the tour will incur a 100% penalty for each person.
Unused features are non-refundable. No shows forfeit the entire payment.
Do you have any questions about the tour? Ask us below!